What is Forskolin?
Forskolin, also known as a labdane diterpene, is both anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory. It is produced by the Indian Coleus (Coleus Forskohlii) plant and has been used in traditional traditional medicine for thousands of years. Forskolin activates adenylate cyclase, an enzyme involved in the regulation of many cellular functions. Forskolin extract supplements cause an increase in Cyclic-AMP which is closely tied with adenosine triphosphate (ATP) levels which can promote weight loss, reduce body fat and increase memory function.
Forskolin works on muscles in the heart and in the walls of the blood vessels. It produces a more powerful heartbeat and widening of the blood vessels, which lowers blood pressure. Often used for hypertension, asthma, eczema, psoriasis, congestive heart failure, and angina. Forskolin derivatives have been developed for use in cardiovascular conditions.
250 mg, twice per day of a 10 percent forskolin supplement is the optimal dose.
Forskolin may support:
– Weight Loss – by increasing Cyclic-AMP which assists burning up & breaking down of fat cells.
– Memory – Simulation of ATP enzymes has a positive effect on memory.
– Respiratory – Forskolin may exert activity on inflammatory mediators, including interleukins and histamine.
– Skin problems – Possible improvement of psoriatic symptoms and a decrease in erythema in patients with hyperplastic skin disorders.
– Body stiffness & rheumatism – The pain from rheumatism and a stiff neck may benefit Forskolin’s cAMP properties.
– Support healthy testosterone levels – acyiates concentration of the messenger molecule cAMP.