What is Collagen?
Collagen is a major fibrous protein in connective tissue. Collagen is vital for skin elasticity and It is the most abundant protein in humans; made up of amino-acids built of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen, making up about 25% – 35% of the body protein content. Collagen is a part of the connective tissue that in the skin helps in firmness, suppleness and constant renewal of skin cells. It is essential for texture, tone and elasticity and aging appearance.
Collagen may support
• Texture of the skin – Collagen is essential to support skin elasticity and toning
• Wrinkles – Collagen taken orally may help prevent the early onset of lines and wrinkles
• Elasticity – Collagen is essential in the stretching and un-stretching ability of the skin
• Moisture levels – Consumption of collagen complex may ensure the combating of dryness, splitting and cracking of the skin
• Joint Condition – Collagen proteins, amongst others, are essential to healthy flexible joints.