Our bamboo matcha whisk (or “chasen”) is the perfect tool for preparing your matcha green tea. It is essential in the traditional Japanese tea ceremony (“chanoyu”). Matcha is a unique Japanese green tea, that has been stone ground into a very fine powder and must be whisked (not steeped) in water before consuming. A matcha whisk helps you to have a unique experience in the traditional way of tea, the perfect way to enjoy fine traditional Japanese culture- a break from the everyday.
• Warm your matcha bowl by pouring warm water into your bowl
• Empty the bowl of the warm water and add in 2 scoops of matcha powder
• Add warm water into the matcha bowl
• Briskly whisk the matcha powder with the water together until the tea becomes lightly frothy
• Remove the whisk and hold the matcha bowl with both hands. Turn the bowl counter-clock wise twice and serve to guest